Vacancy: Project Manager
EduCampus Programme Management · Dublin 1, Leinster
EduCampus is a shared services initiative that provides business critical Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application services and Management Information Systems (MIS) systems to the Higher Education and Research sectors in Ireland. EduCampus acts as a broker for clients by engaging with relevant service providers and suppliers in negotiating software licensing, application, hosting and support agreements in addition to providing implementation services and business operations support to the client base.
What the Programme Management function does
The Programme Management department is responsible for the execution of a range of significant strategic projects to implement and upgrade complex cloud-based Enterprise Systems for EduCampus clients in the higher education sector. Current projects include the implementation of a Human Resources & Payroll (HRP) application, a Finance Management System (FMS), a Library Management System (LMS), a Student Records Management System (SRMS) and a Student Credentials application.
EduCampus are looking to appoint three Project Managers with the relevant skills and experience required to deliver our complex projects and achieve our strategic objectives. Each of the three roles will individually report to Programme Managers responsible for the areas of Student Service, FMS, and HRP respectively.
The role is based in our office in Dublin 1.
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in EduCampus. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making EduCampus a great place to work.
What the role entails
The Project Manager must have a proven track record, and relevant knowledge and experience of implementing complex MIS projects which required substantial business process change. This includes a strong aptitude and proven ability to engage effectively with the Project Team and other key stakeholders.
The Project Manager will undertake the following:
- Manage successful delivery of a number of projects within the Programme Management department to achieve the objectives of EduCampus Services
- Coordinate efforts with specialists from the service providers, application vendors and client institutions to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Implement a structured project methodology for each project that is approved, including preparation of structured project plans, a risk mitigation and issue resolution strategy, project reporting procedures, post implementation reviews etc.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, ensuring timelines are met and within budget
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Define and measure success metrics and KPIs and monitor change progress during project implementation
- Ensure PMO methodology, standards and best practices are consistently followed and applied
- Create and maintain a repository of project documentation
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs where required
- In conjunction with the Programme Management Team ensure a high level of joint action in delivering the overall MIS Development Programme
- Co-ordinate with the client community regarding resource planning for project delivery
- Proven ability to translate client requirements into tangible projects
- Planning resource activities, priorities, dependencies, constraints, quality management activities and milestones
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the role which may be required from time to time.
What we need from you
- A degree or equivalent academic or professional third level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management with proven experience in managing the implementation of complex information systems projects
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience of project management methodologies and techniques
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment
We do not need you to have the following, but if you did it could be beneficial.
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes
- Previous experience in, or strong appreciation of, the Public Sector and the Higher Education sector specifically
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management