Vacancy : Business Analyst
EduCampus Programme Management · Dublin 1, Leinster
EduCampus is a shared services initiative that provides business critical Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application services and Management Information Systems (MIS) systems to the Higher Education and Research sectors in Ireland. EduCampus acts as a broker for clients by engaging with relevant service providers and suppliers in negotiating software licensing, application, hosting and support agreements in addition to providing implementation services and business operations support to the client base.
What the Programme Management Function does
The Solutions Development team is responsible for the execution of a range of significant strategic projects to implement and upgrade complex cloud-based Enterprise Systems for EduCampus clients in the higher education sector, such as the implementation of a HR & Payroll (HRP) application, a Finance Management System (FMS) a Library Management System (LMS), a Student Records Management System (SRMS) and a Student Credentials application.
This role is based in our office in Dublin 1. On different days of the week some team members may be working from home, so we use tools like Slack and video conferencing to keep in touch.
Our new team member, who will be experienced in business analysis, will report to the Programme Manager and will work as a vital member of a project team responsible for upgrading existing systems or implementing new systems. You will have duties that include, but are not limited to, meeting with client user groups to gather and analyse requirements, analysing workflow to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement, coordinating and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), preparing project documentation and providing training and assistance to system-users.
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in EduCampus. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making EduCampus a great place to work.
What you get from us
We value knowledge sharing and communication. We have frequent team meetings combined with regular 1:1 catch-ups to make sure no one is hitting any roadblocks.
We encourage critical thinking and the exploration of new ideas. We often form cross-team special interest groups for specific topic discussions, both ongoing and for fixed projects.
We provide a diverse and interesting workload but limit single performance objectives to a max. of 30%, so you will get to work on multiple initiatives with different teams across the business.
We promote a healthy work/life balance, and we take the care of our team members mental health seriously.
- Annual performance management system
- Professional education support
- Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
- On-going well-being initiatives
- Health insurance for employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible start/finish times
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Taxsaver Ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
What we need from you
- A degree, equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a business analysis role with proven experience in the implementation of complex information systems projects
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships both internally and externally to EduCampus
- Knowledge and experience of business analysis approaches, tools and techniques
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the role and its environment
- Open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity
- A high level of motivation and passion for the job
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems
We do not need you to have the following, but if you did it could be beneficial.
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management
- Previous experience in or strong appreciation of the public sector, and the education sector particularly
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of systems implementation and software development life cycles
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes
More important information
At EduCampus we celebrate diversity and understand how important it is to our ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with ours.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.