Vacancy : Service Liaison Officer
Service Liaison Officer
EduCampus Service Management · Dublin 1, Leinster
EduCampus is a shared services initiative that provides business critical Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application services and Management Information Systems (MIS) systems to the Higher Education and Research sectors in Ireland. EduCampus acts as a broker for clients by engaging with relevant service providers and suppliers in negotiating software licensing, application, hosting and support agreements in addition to providing implementation services and business operations support to the client base.
What the Service Delivery Team does
The Service Delivery team is responsible for the managed service execution of a range of significant strategic projects to implement and upgrade complex cloud-based Enterprise Systems for EduCampus clients in the higher education sector, such as the implementation of a HR & Payroll (HRP) application, a Finance Management System (FMS) a Library Management System (LMS), a Student Records Management System (SRMS) and a Student Credentials application.
The Service Delivery team manages the ongoing services provided to clients, other than major implementations and upgrades. The main functions of the team are supplier management, client engagement/collaboration and MIS application subject matter expertise.
The Service Liaison Officer will be a key member of the Service Delivery team and will report to the Service Liaison Manager. They will have the relevant experience required to take responsibility for building relationships with key users of the applications in the client community. They provide an escalation path for clients with regard to the services provided and will work with the Service Providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues logged by users.
They must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As well as being a team player, they must be a self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative and have the ability to prioritise demands and exercise judgement and discretion.
This role is based in our office in Dublin 1. On different days of the week any team member may be working from home, so we use tools like Teams and video conferencing to keep in touch.
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in EduCampus. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making EduCampus a great place to work.
What you get from us
We value knowledge sharing and communication. We have frequent team meetings combined with regular 1:1 catch-ups to make sure no one is hitting any roadblocks.
We encourage critical thinking and the exploration of new ideas. We often form cross-team special interest groups for specific topic discussions, both ongoing and for fixed projects.
We provide a diverse and interesting workload but limit single performance objectives to a max. of 30%, so you will get to work on multiple initiatives with different teams across the business.
We promote a healthy work/life balance and we take the care of our team members mental health seriously.
- Annual performance management system
- Professional education support
- Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
- On-going well-being initiatives
- Health insurance for employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible start/finish times
- Working from home
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Taxsaver Ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
What we need from you
- Significant experience in a customer service role, including building strong client relationships;
- Experience within the IT industry, working with similar MIS applications to those provided by EduCampus Services;
- Knowledge and experience of formal Service Management methodologies;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, used to enable successful collaborations with key stakeholders;
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues;
- Ability to interpret client requirements and translate these into tangible service delivery;
- Ability to work both as a team member and as an individual;
- Ability to develop knowledge of all of the applications in order to provide ongoing cover and support to the Service Delivery Team;
- Experience coordinating with vendors to manage escalations on behalf of clients;
- Experience monitoring vendors against SLAs;
- Experience implementing continuous improvement and best practices;
- Experience with Change Management procedures;
- Knowledge and experience of formal Project Management methodologies
We do not need you to have the following, but if you did it could be beneficial.
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management
More important information
At EduCampus we celebrate diversity and understand how important it is to our ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with ours.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.