Current Vacancy - Solutions Analyst
(01) 531 2040
EduCampus Services DAC,
5 Exchange place,
EduCampus Services DAC (EduCampus) was established in May 2015, as a subsidiary company of HEAnet CLG, to take responsibility for the provision of a portfolio of shared IT services for the Higher Education Sector. EduCampus provides a range of centralised and expert shared IT services which involve procuring, contracting, implementing, maintaining and supporting business-critical and regulatory systems comprising student information, financial management, hr/payroll and library applications.
Candidates are offered a competitive remuneration package (including pension, company sponsored health care, flexible starting times and annual leave) in a technologically challenging and cutting-edge working environment with an annual performance management and development review process.
To add to its existing capability, EduCampus now wish to recruit and appoint a Solutions Analyst with the required experience to participate in the successful delivery of a portfolio of strategic business-critical related projects.A key focus for the role initially will be the modernisation and consolidation of legacy data processing applications and Management Information Systems (MIS) for existing clients and emerging Technological Universities.
The Solutions Analyst must have a proven track record of involvement in the implementation of large-scale MIS programmes in complex organisations which required substantial business process change.The ability to engage effectively with project teams and key stakeholders along with providing appropriate technical knowledge and support to projects are key requirements of the role.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following:
- Manage and participate in the successful delivery of a portfolio of projects within the Solutions Development function to support and achieve EduCampus strategic and organisational objectives.
- Coordinate efforts with specialists from the service providers, application vendors and client institutions to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Work directly with users, both functional and technical, in client institutions to help in capturing a comprehensive understanding of their requirements. This will include gaining a working knowledge and understanding of the relevant applications and systems to help develop the required process maps and solutions analysis documentation required.
- Identify where issues may impact the delivery against the project plan & escalate as appropriate.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a full set of project documentation for the project.
- Ensure that PMO methodology, standards and best practices are consistently followed and applied.
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs where required.
- In conjunction with the Solutions Development Team, ensure a high level of co-operation in delivering the overall MIS Development Programme.
- Co-ordinate with the client community and relevant stakeholders regarding resource planning for project delivery.
- Planning resource activities, priorities, dependencies, constraints, quality management activities and milestones.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a solutions analyst role (or equivalent) with proven experience in managing and participating in the implementation of complex information systems projects.
- Experience of working with and managing multi-disciplinary, distributed project teams.
- Knowledge and experience of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- A proven track record of excellent communication and customer service skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to translate client requirements into tangible projects.
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, testing, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships both internally and externally to EduCampus.
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity.
- Proactive and collaborative approach.
A degree or equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification or equivalent experience.
Other Relevant Information:
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes.
- Previous experience in or strong understanding of the Public Sector, and the Higher Education Sector particularly.
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management.
- Knowledge of cloud hosting environments and cloud-based services.
- Knowledge of application and systems security requirements.
- Proven people management and leadership ability.
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment.
- Ability to work as a team leader, team member and individual.
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job.
- A desire to learn new skills and develop within the position.
EduCampus Head of Solutions Development.
The successful candidate will be based in the EduCampus Office, 5 Exchange Place, Dublin 1.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com