Current Vacancy - Service Liaison Officer
(01) 531 2040
EduCampus Services DAC,
5 Exchange place,
Service Liaison Officer
EduCampus Services DAC is a subsidiary company of HEAnet CLG, established in May 2015 to take responsibility for a portfolio of shared IT services for the Higher Education sector. EduCampus provides a centralised and expert shared IT service which involves the implementation, maintenance and support of business-critical and regulatory systems comprising student information, financial management, HR/payroll and library applications.
EduCampus offers candidates a competitive remuneration package (including pension, company sponsored health care, flexible starting times and annual leave); a technologically challenging and cutting-edge working environment and an annual performance management and development process.
EduCampus Services have a requirement for a Service Liaison Officer with the relevant experience required to take responsibility for building relationships with key users of the applications in the client community. The Service Liaison Officer will be a key member of the Service Delivery team and will report to the Head of Service Delivery. They will provide an escalation path for clients with regard to the services provided and will work with the Service Providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues logged by users. They must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As well as being a team player, they must be a self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative and have the ability to prioritise demands and exercise judgement and discretion.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Build relationships between EduCampus and its clients with respect to the specific applications assigned;
- Develop knowledge of all of the applications in order to provide ongoing cover and support to the Service Delivery Team;
- Act as the point of escalation for key clients and co-ordinate with the application vendors regarding escalated issues to ensure that they are brought to satisfactory resolution;
- Co-ordinate the EduCampus user group for the assigned application and work with the clients to ensure that this provides an appropriate forum for the users to discuss the application with their peers and with the relevant service providers;
- Monitor the performance of the Service Providers, appropriate to the assigned application, by reviewing call logs and querying issues where appropriate;
- Communicate regularly with the user community in relation to the service provision and on issues relating to the assigned applications;
- Co-ordinate with and provide feedback to the Service Delivery Team regarding issues relevant to the clients;
- Provide support to the users of the applications in the client sites to ensure that they are making best use of the business applications being provided;
- Provide input as required to Project plans regarding the upgrade of the applications and co-ordinate contact between the project implementation teams and the key stakeholders in the client sites;
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of requests for changes to the applications and work with the users in planning the implementation of agreed changes.
Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
- Proven experience of building strong client relationships;
- Proven experience of the IT industry and in particular working with similar MIS applications to those provided by EduCampus Services;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a customer service role;
- Knowledge and experience of formal Service Management methodologies;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills which enable successful collaboration with key stakeholders;
- Ability to interpret client requirements and translate these into tangible service delivery;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and collaborate in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems;
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships both internally and externally to EduCampus Services;
- Ability to work both as a team member and as an individual;
- Ability to act independently and on own initiative;
- Good attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong Document and report writing skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role or strong understanding of the Higher Education Sector;
- Experience of large-scale management information systems implementation projects;
- Knowledge and experience of formal Project Management methodologies;
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management.
A degree or equivalent academic qualifications or equivalent relevant work experience.
Other Relevant Information:
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job;
- Proactive and collaborative approach;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A desire to learn new skills and develop within the position;
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment.
The successful candidate will be based at EduCampus office, 5 Exchange Place, IFSC, Dublin 1.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter and include your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EduCampus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.