Current Vacancy - PMO Manager
(01) 531 2040
EduCampus Services DAC,
5 Exchange place,
EduCampus Services DAC is a subsidiary company of HEAnet CLG, established in May 2015 to take responsibility for a portfolio of shared IT services for the Higher Education Sector. EduCampus provides a centralised and expert shared IT service which involves implementing, maintaining, and supporting business-critical and regulatory systems comprising student information, financial management, hr/payroll, and library applications.
EduCampus offers candidates a competitive remuneration package (including pension, company sponsored health care, flexible starting times and annual leave); a technologically challenging and cutting-edge working environment and an annual performance management and development process.
EduCampus are looking to appoint a PMO Manager report to the Head of Solutions Development with the relevant experience required to successfully deliver a portfolio of strategic projects. A fundamental part of this newly created full-time role is to manage the operation of the EduCampus Project Management Office (PMO), working closely with EduCampus management, EduCampus project managers and EduCampus staff.
Amongst other duties, the appointee will be responsible for managing and developing a high performing PMO function that provides support to the EduCampus Solutions Development team in achieving their role.The PMO Manager will champion best practices for the management and successful delivery of EduCampus projects.
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Liaising with the Solutions Development team, implement and develop standardised programme / project management processes to facilitate and assess demand management, project planning, risk identification and management, change management, programme governance and programme / project status reporting.
- Develop and refine the PMO function further by executing periodic reviews of existing PMO frameworks, processes and templates and establishment of additional processes and templates.
- Promote these PMO frameworks, processes and templates providing guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Connect with the PMO and project management community to track latest trends and techniques.
- Ensure implementation of agreed project governance structures by setting up and running regular governance forums, steering committees, and working groups.
- Support the Solutions Development project managers in the production of material, minutes, and follow-up on actions from such meetings.
- Support and ensure adherence to agreed PMO processes for projects delivered by the Solutions Development team.
- Manage and develop a PMO onboarding process to advise and prepare new staff who join the Solutions Development team.
- Update and administer the programme plan as required and manage the programme level risks and issues register.
- Work with EduCampus management to align the project portfolio with strategic drivers and objectives.
- Identify peaks of work across the projects, propose solutions to resource contentions, and disseminate appropriate project data to the Head of Solutions Development for resource planning.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams in Solutions Development.
- Drive PMO metrics/KPI creation, tracking and reporting.
- Ensure there is awareness and oversight of projects and sharing of project information across the company.
- Through the PMO assist project managers in communication and reporting, providing transparency and updates to the Solutions Development team and EduCampus management.
- Oversee the process for realisation and capture of benefits from the projects.
- Work collaboratively with the EduCampus Service Delivery team on process touch points and areas of transition of responsibility.
- Maintain, administer, and continually improve PM tools, including developing a single system for gathering of key project data across the programme.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
- At least two (2) years working in a PMO responsible for project and programme governance and reporting.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a project management role with proven experience in managing the implementation of complex information systems projects.
- Experience with roll-out of project management and process improvement in an organisation, including implementation of standards, tools, and methodologies.
- Understanding of how to set and document project management processes and procedures in a way that supports flexible working while maintaining control.
- Experience of producing high quality documentation, briefing papers, reports, and presentations.
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with and influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues in the Solutions Development team and with the broader stakeholder groups both internally and externally to EduCampus.
- Ability to persuade and influence others through comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Trustworthy, open, and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity.
- Proactive and collaborative approach.
A degree or equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification or equivalent experience.
Other Relevant Information:
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes.
- Previous experience in or strong understanding of the Public Sector, and the Education Sector particularly.
- Domain knowledge in any of the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management.
- PMP or other project management certification preferred but not essential if relevant experience shown.
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment.
- Ability to work as a team leader, team member and individual.
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job.
- A desire to learn new skills and develop within the position.
The successful candidate will be based at EduCampus’s office, 5 Exchange Place, Dublin 1.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org