Current Vacancy - Communications Officer (Maternity Cover)
(01) 531 2040
EduCampus Services DAC,
5 Exchange place,
Communications Officer (Maternity Cover)
Role Purpose / Summary:
EduCampus are looking to appoint a Communications Officer for a six-month period to provide maternity leave cover. The position will involve the co-ordination of client engagement activities as well as deploying the communications plan for the company. This role will report directly to the Procurement & Contracts Manager.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in a communications or customer engagement role. They must have the ability to engage with clients, suppliers and other key stakeholders to build positive relationships at all levels.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Organise and manage the programme of client service review meetings with client representatives;
- Work with senior management to establish and roll out communications strategy which will ensure key messages are communicated clearly and consistently across both internal and external client base.
- Support internal communications, through developing and distributing regular internal e-newsletters including writing content and sourcing images and other activities as required
- Prepare and deliver presentations on aspects of EduCampus’ services to both current and prospective clients;
- Prepare and issue external communications to clients through channels such as email newsletters, website and social media updates;
- Proactively plan & manage the content of the website, update the news and events sections
- Research media stories, develop press releases, draft press materials and liaise with relevant stakeholders
- Research, maintain and update media lists and stakeholder contacts.
- Assist with coordinating key events, for the purpose of ensuring these activities are well planned and operate smoothly.
- Support Senior Management with the collation of the Annual Report 2020
- Provide cover for the administration team including duties such as reception, answering the phone, and facilitating meetings during periods of planned / unplanned absence;
- Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time;
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
- A proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders in a similar role;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in the use of social media platforms;
- Flexibility to respond to changing situations that require priority responses;
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job and a can-do attitude;
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to represent EduCampus Services Limited in a professional manner at all times;
- Strong presentation skills to management level;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-moving, and dynamic environment.
- An organised approach to work and an ability to prioritise effectively in a busy and changing environment;
- Educated to Leaving Certificate level or equivalent with relevant experience.
Other Relevant Information:
- Experience of large-scale management information systems;
- A degree or equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification in the field of Communications, Media or Public Relations
- Experience of the public procurement processes, preferably in the Higher Education or Research sectorUnderstanding of the education sector and ICT environment;
- Excited to go above and beyond for customers.
The successful candidate will be based at EduCampus’s office, 5 Exchange Place, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Senior Admin pay band (dependent on experience and qualifications).
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.